Friday, March 6, 2015

August 11, 2014

Give up 
give up
my head screams into my chest
but my stubborn, stupid breaking heart
just won't let me yet
We haven't really talked since you
promised you wouldn't disappear
you said whatever I need
just let you know 
you'll always be right here

You lied. 
I talked to you the other day 
Well, you talked. I asked questions. 
Some were too hard to answer I guess 
you left them hanging in the air 
afraid to break the news 
like fragile, weak balloons
like my hope depends on you 
but I 
I'd rather have my heart shattered and 
know exactly when it happens  
than to see the crack form beneath the surface of an 
already weak facade 
and work its way to me until I am helpless and suddenly dropped

And you didn't ask about me 
three weeks and they were all yours 
I guess I'm breaking myself
it's so obvious I need to let go 
so obvious 
I'm a book on your shelf 
I never asked you to read but
you opened me up 
read til page 83
and you
spilled coffee over my pages
staining my edges 
and when the ink ran together
you called me
too blurry for your eyes
and put me away
without letting me dry. 

[you're not coming back]

No comments:

Post a Comment