Friday, March 6, 2015

July 17, 2014

Another moment 
another day 
I wish my thoughts away 
that my memory would fade 
but it's not going anywhere.  
Only brokenness and scarring 
my soul feels so heavy, darling
My lungs are full of fluid 
I am breathing without air 

Like that moment when you told me 
as I lay alone in bed 
that there was someone else for you 
before the line went dead
And was I the the one who hung up
or
were you the one instead?
Well I guess it doesn't matter
because now it's all just scattered 
innocence in teardrops shed

But the moment I first saw you 
I was captivated
swept away 
we've been pulled and stretched and strained but 
in your heart, my heart 
kept safe
And it's less likely than ever 
but you're anchoring me here 
I will probably wait forever 
for you, 
bring my heart back safely, 
feel it beating
though we're bleeding
grip your wrist
your blood runs cold with fear
kiss my throat
my pulse is racing, dear
we'll find healing
we'll find meaning 
you are hoping
I am begging 
don't let go

forever 
near. 

No comments:

Post a Comment