Friday, March 6, 2015

October 24, 2014

I finally gave up on you 
I broke the chains that held me to you 
you were a weight around my ankle and 
your love was a vast ocean of madness and lies and 
"I mean it this time"
and I couldn't stop inhaling you 
the salt clung to my nose
burned in my throat
filled up my lungs 
and the sensation of dying became 
somehow addictive 
I didn't want air
only you, only you 
I didn't want to stop sinking 
you made my heart fade to nearly nothing 
you made my head stop thinking
but you wore me out 
(I wasn't okay)
and finally, finally, I cut you away 
but now I just wish I could
forget your face
forget your laugh
your voice when you sing 
your Instagram name
the promises made
without using words
two twisted hearts 
you're fucked up and weak
you make me weak at the knees
you make me all Rachel and Ross 
because it's always been you
but it'll never be you 


No comments:

Post a Comment